I will happily confess to being a complete shocker when it comes to finishing craft projects. I’m really good at starting them and tend to be very enthusiastic, until I hit the teeniest snag at which point whatever I’m making ends up in a pile on the floor of my wardrobe. Forgotten. But this is a story of redemption. Of the one that was rescued from the project graveyard and given a second chance.
So, this story begins in 2010 when I decided it would be a really good idea to make a dress to wear to my friend’s wedding. I’d already made the dress I wore to my Graduation Ball, so I knew I could do it, and you would never get that awkward moment when you realise you’re wearing the same dress as someone else. It seemed fool-proof. I found the perfect pattern online and happily went fabric shopping.
Things were going well until I had finished the bodice, at which point I realized that it didn’t suit me. Well, needless to say that was a wardrobe floor worthy crime. And there it stayed until about 2 months ago when a few more wedding invites started to roll in. I decided it was time to resurrect this dress and perform some pretty major surgery. With the loss of its sleeves and a different neckline I finally decided that I liked it, so, 3 years later than expected, it was finally finished.
I wore it to my Grandma’s 80th birthday party last weekend and it survived a 3 hour train journey and an afternoon with 3 dogs in remarkably good shape.
Oh, and since Easter has now been and gone I decided to break my baking fast with Malteaser Cupcakes!
It was soooooooo nice to be back in the kitchen! Just need to find some willing volunteers to eat them now …